One Simple Urine Test Can Help Identify Why You’re Feeling Tired, Depressed, Bloated and Achy.
“Organic acid testing is a way to measure whether your body is getting the nutrients it needs to be healthy and whether it is using those nutrients to drive optimal health”
The Organic Acids Test can help provide information on why you’re experiencing:
- Low energy levels
- Problems sleeping
- Mood alterations
- Blood sugar balance issues
- Body fat increases
- Nausea and Dizziness
- Chemical sensitivities
- Joint pain and Arthiritis
- Excessive gas and wind
- Acid reflux
- Autoimmune disease
- Dermatitis / other skin issues
- Weight loss
- Early or rapid aging
Why use an Organic Acid Test?
Nutrients are protecting agents. Just as a car has additives and devices that make it run smoothly and protect it from damage, nutrients serve to protect your heart, brain, and other critical organs as well as helping you produce energy so that you feel well.
Like a car’s gauges warn of potential problems, your body has certain chemical indicators, known as Organic Acids that can alert you to potential problems. Early warnings can help you make diet and lifestyle changes that may both extend and enhance your quality of life.
Organic acids tell us where your metabolism is blocked and give an indication of which vitamins, minerals and other nutrients may be needed to get the pathways working properly again:
- Central energy production (you won’t feel well if you can’t produce energy!)
- Sugar and fat metabolism (if you can’t burn sugar and fat, you can’t make energy!)
- Detoxification (you won’t feel well if you can’t detoxify your body properly!)
- Neurotransmitter breakdown (these chemicals – including serotonin and dopamine- are incredibly important for energy, mood, memory AND digestion)
- Intestinal microbial activity (we can use urine testing to find problems with bacterial overgrowth inside the gut using urine as well as stool tests).
Organix Profiles provides important information in these areas:
- Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies
- Amino acid insufficiencies (for example carnitine, which is needed to burn fat and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), which is needed to help you detoxify)
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant sufficiency markers
- Indicators to assess detoxification function
- The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency, including B1, B2,B3, B5, B6, B12, folic acid
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess dopamine and serotonin metabolism
- Cellular energy production, which is needed for everything!
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers
- Specific markers for bacterial and yeast/fungal overgrowth (these can show abnormalities where conventional stool testing does not)
Running the Organix Test Couldn’t Be Easier!
We’re often asked whether it’s complicated to run these tests, but they are amazingly easy to perform:
- Small test kits are sent to your home.
- You provide a single urine sample in the morning.
- You freeze the sample then send it back to the lab for analysis.
- Results are returned inside 7 days.
- You consult with your advisor to learn about what the results mean and, importantly, what you need to do in order to address the findings, whether it’s diet, supplements or detoxification procedures.
How to Order an Organix Test
The Organix profile is ideal for you if you are experiencing digestive symptoms, feeling tired, struggling to sleep, suffering with allergies or feeling anxious/depressed.
Because the interpretation of Organic Acids testing can be quite complex, we only run these tests with clients who are under the care of our team of Nutrition and functional Medicine practitioners.
You’ll find a full information pack on how to register at the link below.
If you would like to register under our care and run an Initial Consultation, please click here.